This detached, historic mullioned windowed, limestone cottage sits alongside the River Manifold.
The cottage is about a mile and a half out of Ilam village on a single track road which goes onto Calton after passing through Throwley.
The Cottage is a grade 2 listed building and was originally a lodge to the magnificent Ilam Hall.
The cottage is character filled throughout with exposed beams and benefits from stunning picturesque views of beautiful Peak District landscape making it the ideal place for a tranquil countryside holiday.
- Three bedrooms. 1 x king-size double in annexe with en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC
- 1 x king-size double with roll-top bath and double basin. 1 x king-size (zip/link can be twins on request)
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor cloakroom
- Dining room
- Sitting room with open fire
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric AGA range cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, wine cooler, 2 x TVs, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking for 4 cars
- Garden to rear with lawned area and charcoal BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 miles, cafe and bar 1.5 miles
- Note: There is a low ceiling and limited head height on the staircase to the bedrooms
This character filled stone cottage with its exposed beams and low ceiling has a cosy welcoming feeling from the moment you step into it.
The cottage spacious throughout with a lounge which has open fire for you to relax by in the evening and 2 bedrooms and bathrooms as well as snug and dinning room. There is an adjoining annexe where you will find the 3rd bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
There is also a well equipped kitchen which features an AGA range cooker for you to rustle up some tasty meals in the evening with your family and friends before retiring to the snug to relax for the evening and enjoy a drink or two.
Outside there is a spacious garden for you to enjoy the breath-taking countryside views whilst you chill with a good book and listen to the river gently flowing into the valley (during the winter months) or if the river is dry simply enjoy the spectacular views.
From the garden there is a path which joins the riverside footpath, which will take you on a beautiful walk to Ilam Hall.
This cottage ideally located for you to explore this beautiful area of the Peak District or to simply relax and enjoy the lush greenery and peaceful surroundings with your friends and family.
Leave a Reply